Thursday, 31 January 2013

A hop, skip, and a week...

It's been a week since we moved into our new home. Though the past week has felt like an eternity, this is what we've been able to accomplish throughout the week. 

We had living furniture delivered (yay a place to sit), a bed for our spare bedroom (yay a place to sleep), all our kitchen appliances (yay I can cook and store food), and a washer and dryer (yay for laundry). We finally have a SEPARATE dryer. So that means our days of waiting 10 hours for our clothes to dry are O-V-E-R.  Dryers are seriously a luxury that us Americans take for granted. I hugged our new dryer today when I pulled out dry clothes in under 2 hours. I suggest you do the same. Seriously. 


This weekend we will get cable and Internet along with our new smart TV. It's been torture not having Internet during the day. But hopefully this is my fourth and final time to go to an Internet cafe. Four times in seven days, not bad eh? 

We still await the pending arrival of our UK shipment and the next 2 weeks cannot go by fast enough. I've discovered that with age I've become more impatient. I do not like waiting 29 days for my stuff to come from the UK. 29 days?! Really?? I do not like waiting for my visa to come through, I still have to get medical tests done. I do not like waiting another 2-3 weeks to get my driver's license and car (side note, I must have a no objection letter from my husband that I can drive, WTH). My list goes on, but I'll turn it around.  

The best part of my day is a) waking up with Luca and b) having a pool. We've been getting it cleaned over the past few days so hopefully we can take a dip tomorrow. So is not all bad. It's the simple things in life, right?  Okay, these next 2 weeks need to hurry up!!! 


Alright, so life is not all that bad. It's the simple things, right? 




-- 
Tanvi Nagarsheth Aiyer


2 comments:

  1. yay! i'm glad you're somewhat settled in...that pool sounds awesome =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great!!! Glad to hear it's going better. Soooo super jealous of the pool!

    ReplyDelete