It was a crisp and cool morning, so I started my day with a jog (and managed not to get lost, yay me!). Then I drove to the Golf Club in our neighborhood to attend an expat women's meeting. This is another group of expats that has weekly meetings and a bunch of activity groups. The best part is that all their meetings and a majority of the members live in our area. My first meeting went well, the women were really nice and genuinely interested in getting to know me, which was a nice change. I even got some digits, holla!
Afterwards, I treated myself to lunch at Shakespeare's (super cute cafe) in our shopping center and then headed to Le Marche for some groceries. Alright, so my one day with the car wasn't super exciting, but at least it got me out of the house for a few hours.
While I was at the Golf Club I learned that they were having quiz night that night. Ram and I used to love going to quiz nights in Houston, so I was excited to see that this is a weekly event in our own backyard. Bonus: the golf club restaurant has an alcohol license!
When Ram and I walked into the restaurant we saw that pretty much every table was reserved. I panicked. I mean who makes reservations for quiz night?! Apparently this is a popular event in the community. Luckily, they found us a table. An hour and 15 minutes later, the room was filled with tables of 6 or more people (one table had 14). We were the only team with 2 members but we weren't scurred. We quickly came up with a team name and got ready to the play.
Round 1 was general knowledge. This gave us an ego boost because we actually knew a lot of the answers and it was focused on American trivia. So we were off to a great start. Could we actually be in the top 10 of this thing? The next round was famous Pirates. The only pirates I know are Captain Hook and Jack Sparrow. Fail. Next was a celebrity childhood picture round. We only got half of these right. How many can you identify (without cheating)?
Fourth round was about famous Willies. The only Willy I know is Willie Nelson and the movie Free Willy. Double Fail. And the last round was a music round. When they played Destiny's Child "Say my Name" I got excited again and thought we could redeem ourselves. Out of 10 songs, only 3 were from our generation. Triple Fail.
Turns out most of the trivia was focused on every part of the world except US. But hey, at least we weren't dead last! Smarty Pints rock!
Smarty Pints!!!! LOVES IT!!! Sounds like so much fun! And so excited you got some digits! Looking good, Tanvi :-)
ReplyDeleteHow fun! Things are looking up:) I need to see some pictures of that pup and pool of yours...
ReplyDeletePoor Luca got a bad haircut over here. His ears were uneven so they had to cut the hair really short and he looks funny:/ I will send pics of him and the pool soon though!
DeleteWasn't smarty pints going be our name of the April Quiz night that didn't happen? I love it!! Sounds like you're social calendar is going to get booked up sooner than later!!
ReplyDeleteIt's possible! I know we've used that name before in Houston, so I may have suggested it:)
DeleteLooks like a great day to me!
ReplyDeleteXo
http://abpetite.blogspot.com/