The Good
1. Restaurants: We've reacquainted ourselves with PF Changs, Shake-Shack & Nobu (multiple times). We tested out Buddha Bar and Siddartha for some yummy Asian fusion food. And the Lebanese food here is just amazeballs. They also have an Irish Village here. Sitting next to people with British accents felt like home.
![]() |
| Friday Brunch @ Warehouse |
| My handsome man at Siddharta Lounge |
2. New Years Eve: we had a low key night at the 360 lounge overlooking the city. At midnight we got to see not 1, not 2, but 3 firework shows. It was pretty spectacular. Here's a pic of one:
3. The Weather: the constant 23 degree weather (70 F) is nice. Not having to drag along a raincoat everywhere I go is nice. But I know I'll be singing a different tune come June, so we're sitting on patios and sporting our sunglasses until then.
4. House Hunt begins on Tuesday! CANNOT WAIT.
The Bad
1. Taxi drivers: do not know where anything is! Coupled with the dodgey internet service at our hotel and no smart phone = major frustration. I also miss the friendly chatter from my local Scotsman during the drive. Over here, no one cares why you're in town and why you have an accent.
2. Residency visa: Apparently I can't get mine until they process Ram's. He begins the process this week but if that goes beyond 60 days I will have to leave the country and come back. No visa = no car, no cell phone & no DL. There's got to be an easier way...!
The Ugly
1. I don't get to see my baby Luca everyday. The hotel we're staying at does not allow pets. Dubai is not a pet-friendly city, which is a major bummer. But we have visited our little guy a few times at the kennel so far and he greeted us with this smile, so he's definitely a trooper:
2. It's not Aberdeen. I'm very homesick (and the home I'm referring to is the 'Deen). I miss the countryside. I miss my friends. I miss my house. I miss our life there. I'm finding it very hard to not be sad these days. At least I have a few meet ups to look forward to this week, so stay tuned.



Tanvi, I am so happy to hear and see great things going on so far! I hope that continues! But I am also so sad to read your "uglies" :-( It saddens me that we cannot be there in person to support you and pull you back up. I wish nothing but the best for you, but it will get better! Miss you tons!!
ReplyDeleteYay, i was so excited to see an update on your blog. I'm jealous of all the yummy restaraunts, the nice weather, and the pretty fireworks. I'm so sorry you can't have Luca with you everyday. But remember- this is just temporary. Soon you will be settled in a great house with great friends and your Cavalier following you around from room to room. Know that you are very missed here in the 'Deen and I get a little sad when I think about you over in Dubai.
ReplyDelete