Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Shrimp and Grits

Only after we moved overseas did I realize I married a true southerner. Ram loves all things from the south- fried chicken, iced tea, crawfish, cajun food, and grits. While I keep jambalaya and gumbo in rotation, I have never attempted a dish with grits. So when I came across this recipe for shrimp and grits, I decided to give it a go.

The list of ingredients seemed easy enough. But then again, I live overseas, so alterations were bound to happen. They didn't have the good sausage available, so I had to nix it (I didn't think chicken would work).  And of course they didn't have polenta, so I was stuck with instant grits (lucky me). Ram was less than enthused when I picked it up off the shelf at the grocery store...

But I wasn't discouraged from making our non-diet friendly dinner! I've been really good with my diet and I'm 5 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight (and counting), so I silenced my inner skinny girl for the night and decided we were going to use the good stuff. You know, real butter and real cheese. Mmm. Mmm. Mmm.



Beverage of choice :) 





Final product
This recipe is embarrassingly easy and took less than 20 minutes, including prep time. I'll definitely make it again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment