I'm happy to report we had an action packed weekend! Not only was there gorgeous weather all weekend, but we have also overcome our bout of teething for now (no new teeth to report though) and my happy giggly baby was back!!! Riya also decided to start doing one nap a day, which made exploring this weekend so easy.
Friday we set out to go to the London Eye and the London Aquarium which is right next door. The London Eye is Europe's tallest Ferris Wheel and viewing point until they outdid themselves with the Shard (Europe's tallest skyscraper). Although I love Ferris Wheels, one look at this one and I was good with both my feet firmly on the ground. I still saw amazing views of Westminister and Big Ben cross the bridge.
After a quick photo shoot, we headed towards the Aquarium just as it opened its doors at 10am. It was quite pricey at 19 GBP (advanced ticket rate) but Riya was free, so it balanced out. They have several levels and lots of very cool things to see but we only managed to stay there for about an hour.
It took a minute to get used to the darkness and once Riya adapted, she happily started walking around and pointing at all the fish. When she was about 8-9 months old, we took her to the Dubai Aquarium and she wasn't very interested. I got to see a whole other side of her curiosity this time around. She was so cute walking everywhere and directing me:)
I did make sure we hit up the Arctic area and see the Penguins. I love Penguins. We will have to go back another time to see the Seahorses, Rainforest, and all. All in all it was a great start to our fun-filled weekend!
Friday we set out to go to the London Eye and the London Aquarium which is right next door. The London Eye is Europe's tallest Ferris Wheel and viewing point until they outdid themselves with the Shard (Europe's tallest skyscraper). Although I love Ferris Wheels, one look at this one and I was good with both my feet firmly on the ground. I still saw amazing views of Westminister and Big Ben cross the bridge.
After a quick photo shoot, we headed towards the Aquarium just as it opened its doors at 10am. It was quite pricey at 19 GBP (advanced ticket rate) but Riya was free, so it balanced out. They have several levels and lots of very cool things to see but we only managed to stay there for about an hour.
It took a minute to get used to the darkness and once Riya adapted, she happily started walking around and pointing at all the fish. When she was about 8-9 months old, we took her to the Dubai Aquarium and she wasn't very interested. I got to see a whole other side of her curiosity this time around. She was so cute walking everywhere and directing me:)
I did make sure we hit up the Arctic area and see the Penguins. I love Penguins. We will have to go back another time to see the Seahorses, Rainforest, and all. All in all it was a great start to our fun-filled weekend!
Miss Riya is too cute! We took Forest to the Monterey aquarium when he was 7.5 months old and it was a bit over his head. We are taking him back in 2 months and I am so excited to see his reaction. Isn't it crazy how much they change and develop in such a short amount of time?
ReplyDelete