I've been wanting to check out Regent's Park ever since we landed in London. Its the largest green space in London that covers over 300 acres (bigger than Central Park I believe) and is home to Queen Mary's Garden, the London Zoo, an Open Air Theatre and more. It's also very close to Primrose Hill which gives panoramic views of Central London.
Now that Riya was recovered from being sick, it was time to head back out into the real world. Baby girl took a 2+ hour nap yesterday morning, so I figured it was the best day to go. Unfortunately, it was really cloudy and after our 30 minute bus ride, Riya wasn't in the best mood, so we didn't get to stay very long. I tried desperately to make it to see Queen Mary's Garden and Primrose Hill, which were high on my list, but we didn't make it. Riya is expecting her second pair of bottom teeth (she is the SLOWEST teether ever), so that has left the little lady in distress lately.
We started off in the outer circle and I saw many runners jogging along and even a gym class being held out there. Not too shabby to have gym class in a royal park! This was the first section we walked through and even though it was cloudy, I thought it was very colorful and beautiful.
We walked further in and I saw golden gates. Behind there was Queen Mary's Gardens, the Open Air Theatre and the London Zoo. We only got as far as the theatre, but we saw ducks along the way. There was also a bridge with a small stream of water running under it with more ducks swimming about. We came across lots of buggies and babes walking around happily with their mums. Riya, however, didn't seem too interested in making new friends. I can only imagine how much prettier this place is in the summer when everything is in full bloom. Can't wait to go back!
Now that Riya was recovered from being sick, it was time to head back out into the real world. Baby girl took a 2+ hour nap yesterday morning, so I figured it was the best day to go. Unfortunately, it was really cloudy and after our 30 minute bus ride, Riya wasn't in the best mood, so we didn't get to stay very long. I tried desperately to make it to see Queen Mary's Garden and Primrose Hill, which were high on my list, but we didn't make it. Riya is expecting her second pair of bottom teeth (she is the SLOWEST teether ever), so that has left the little lady in distress lately.
We started off in the outer circle and I saw many runners jogging along and even a gym class being held out there. Not too shabby to have gym class in a royal park! This was the first section we walked through and even though it was cloudy, I thought it was very colorful and beautiful.
We walked further in and I saw golden gates. Behind there was Queen Mary's Gardens, the Open Air Theatre and the London Zoo. We only got as far as the theatre, but we saw ducks along the way. There was also a bridge with a small stream of water running under it with more ducks swimming about. We came across lots of buggies and babes walking around happily with their mums. Riya, however, didn't seem too interested in making new friends. I can only imagine how much prettier this place is in the summer when everything is in full bloom. Can't wait to go back!
| Winter chic babe :) |
| Just had to throw this in...surely this doesn't mean what I think it does :p |
No comments:
Post a Comment