Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Riya's Birthday Bash

Riya's birthday party theme this year was "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" I thought this theme was especially fitting considering the year we've had. One obstacle after another, our 3.3 lb baby has come a long way. From worrying that she wasn't staying awake long enough between feeds (oh how naive I was) to wondering when she would roll over and crawl. From anticipating her first tooth to watching her feed herself. And now we wait for the day that she takes those first little steps all on her own. Take your time, baby girl, we are in no rush!

The first year really is a magical, unforgettable, all consuming love, and the ultimate test in patience. I'm both happy and sad it's over. It feels like the longest days of your life, but they are the shortest, most precious years.

Alright, enough of the sappy stuff!

Lucky girl had 2 parties this year. An early one in Houston with family and then one in Dubai with our Dubai family. Riya had a great time spending her birthday with all her loved ones.

Here are some pictures from her birthday morning:



"What, I'm ONE?!"


The Houston party. We hired a professional photographer and got some awesome family photos:


Cousin love :) 



First time eating a sweet! 

The Dubai party:

These are all the places Riya has been! Okay, okay, some of those were during our baby moon :)  




Her new toy:) 






Round 2!





1 comment:

  1. What a year! Riya is such an all star. I really hope to meet her soon! You did a fabulous job with both of her parties and I'm still mega impressed with the frosting on that smash cake:)

    ps. I have never ever ever not once worried that Forest wasn't staying awake long enough:)

    ReplyDelete