Well we survived our first vacation with Miss Riya....barely.
Okay, maybe I'm being a little dramatic.
Just as our taxi arrived bright and early Tuesday morning, Riya vomited 1/2 her bottle all over herself and I. I quickly scrambled to get changed and change her before heading off to the airport. Security was a breeze, they didn't even ask me to separate my baby food or sample it. I stressed over this part of the trip for weeks. Thankfully it was easy breezy. By the time we boarded the plane and got her car seat strapped in, Riya fell asleep. It was just before her feeding time but I didn't care. I wasn't going to wake her up while the plane was taking off just to make sure her ears didn't hurt. But when she did wake up 20 minutes later, I had that bottle ready and popped it straight into her mouth. Crisis averted. Phew.
Soon after her feed though, she needed a diaper change and out went outfit #2. By the time we landed, Riya was on her 3rd outfit for the day in a matter of 4 hours. Poor baby was having seriously tummy trouble. She was otherwise happy, so I tried not to stress about it. But by the end of the day she wasn't eating properly. The next day, she ate even less and continued to have tummy trouble. Out went another 2 outfits.
She didn't have a fever and was otherwise okay, so my instinct was that teething was the culprit. I heard this would happen. She would get sick and refuse to eat and you would worry that something bigger was in play, when in reality it's teething. And it just happened to strike during our highly anticipated vacay in the Maldives. Teething is pure evil.
And then Ram fell sick for the majority of the trip as well. Our vacation was seemingly a major fail. It was disappointing to say the least. Thankfully the hotel staff and doctor were extremely helpful and took great care of my babies. They gave us a crib, baby monitor, diaper genie, kettle, and microwave for Riya. They even did Riya's laundry for free.
We managed to enjoy our last day at the resort. The resort consisted of mainly beach bungalows, with the beach right at our feet. All the restaurants had amazing views. Did you know that some world maps don't even have the Maldives on them? Apparently the Maldives is sinking and may not be there for long. I never knew the Indian Ocean was so sparkly blue. It was enchanting.
Our room with a plunge pool & beach access
Boat transport from the Airport to the Resort. Riya actually slept on that rocky thing!
About to take her first dip in the ocean
Afterwards, a few tears but she survived :)
Beach babe <3
We managed to have our anniversary dinner on the beach 1 day later and it was worth the wait. We caught the sunset while Riya napped in her stroller beside us. It was a picture perfect ending to our trip.
That water is super blue. And how cute is Riya in her swim suit?!?!? OMG sooooooo cute! And you are looking stunningly gorgeous my friend. I'm sorry it didn't go as planned, but one day it will be a funny story. At least you got some good memories out of it. I had no idea the Maldives are sinking. Yikes!
She is going to look back at that dip and wonder what she was thinking not enjoying that! Absolutely beautiful!!!! Happy anniversary :)
ReplyDeleteSorry it didn't go as planned but looked fun nonetheless :) beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteThat water is super blue. And how cute is Riya in her swim suit?!?!? OMG sooooooo cute! And you are looking stunningly gorgeous my friend. I'm sorry it didn't go as planned, but one day it will be a funny story. At least you got some good memories out of it. I had no idea the Maldives are sinking. Yikes!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes TEETHING IS THE DEVIL!!!!
Maldives looks beautiful and you look fabulous, T!
ReplyDelete