Who ever came up with the concept of a babymoon is a genius! Once we found out we were pregnant, we knew our next vacation had to be special. Afterall, this will be our last adventure for a looooong time...wait, that means no Australia or New Zealand for another few years, crap!
With our no. 1 destination out of the question, Ram suggested the Maldives for some R&R, which I promptly shut down. I'm not hating on the Maldives, it's gorgeous and heavenly. But I shot it down for two reasons. Firstly, Dubai is warm and we have a pool, so there's plenty of R&R going on for this housewife. Secondly, I feel as though the Maldives is a baby friendly vacation spot. (As if planning a vacay isn't hard enough, now we have to make distinctions based upon places that are baby-friendly.) Even our friends, Asif & Dima, were saying the same about the Maldives. So we're planning on all going there with our bebe's in tow sometime next year.
Next suggestion was Greece, then southern Italy, then Switzerland. We kept going back and forth, back and forth. It sucks that now flights are a minimum of 5 hours to get anywhere. I'm used to hopping on a plane from Scotland and getting to our destination in 2-3 hours. Finally we decided to leave Europe alone and explore the far east instead.
Now I had to decide how long I could be on a plane comfortably. I decided 7 hours was my limit. So our 12 day babymoon will be spent in Kuala Lumpur, Bali, and Singapore! I'm so excited about this trip and esp about the food- it's going to be pregnancy heaven! Ram said that will be the extent of my knowledge of the trip. He's going to plan all the details and make sure I get plenty of massages along the way. Do I have a great husband or what? Can't wait for May 15th!
With our no. 1 destination out of the question, Ram suggested the Maldives for some R&R, which I promptly shut down. I'm not hating on the Maldives, it's gorgeous and heavenly. But I shot it down for two reasons. Firstly, Dubai is warm and we have a pool, so there's plenty of R&R going on for this housewife. Secondly, I feel as though the Maldives is a baby friendly vacation spot. (As if planning a vacay isn't hard enough, now we have to make distinctions based upon places that are baby-friendly.) Even our friends, Asif & Dima, were saying the same about the Maldives. So we're planning on all going there with our bebe's in tow sometime next year.
Next suggestion was Greece, then southern Italy, then Switzerland. We kept going back and forth, back and forth. It sucks that now flights are a minimum of 5 hours to get anywhere. I'm used to hopping on a plane from Scotland and getting to our destination in 2-3 hours. Finally we decided to leave Europe alone and explore the far east instead.
Now I had to decide how long I could be on a plane comfortably. I decided 7 hours was my limit. So our 12 day babymoon will be spent in Kuala Lumpur, Bali, and Singapore! I'm so excited about this trip and esp about the food- it's going to be pregnancy heaven! Ram said that will be the extent of my knowledge of the trip. He's going to plan all the details and make sure I get plenty of massages along the way. Do I have a great husband or what? Can't wait for May 15th!
Exciting! Jonathan and I can't seem to narrow down our choices. Right now, Portugal is topping the list. Since we live in Scotland, we are looking for sunshine and warmth:) I'd love to go to Bali if it weren't so far!
ReplyDeletePerfect choices!!!! I'm jelly, I miss that part of the world! Have fun and let me know if you need recs. Or tell Ram to email me, I have an amazing place in Bali to recommend y'all stay!!
ReplyDelete