Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Olympics 2012

I can't believe we didn't get tickets to any of the Olympic events:( We are so close to the venue this year that the Olympic spirit is definitely in the air! In June we missed the Olympic torch running through Aberdeen and I haven't been able to forget what a momentous occasion we missed while we were in Barcelona.  So as a tribute to my inner athlete, I agreed to participate in a ropes course last weekend (which was also part of a going away party for Caitlin).  This course had everything, zip lining, tight rope walking, tarzan swinging, you name it!  Needless to say, this is not a graceful sport. I had to leave my "grace" at the door. Check.










Luckily, I've done zip lining before because that was the easy part! As you can see in the pictures, this was no easy feat but it was so much fun! Of course the day would not be complete without a night of binge drinking to consume all those burned calories! In the short time I've been here, I've already had to say bye to 3 people and a few more in our group will be leaving this month as well.   Sad to see new friends leave, but I wish them the best of luck in their next post!


1 comment:

  1. you are having WAY too much fun. i'm so jealous. does it make you mad when people say that they wish they were an Ex-pat wife? i had a guy at work say that if he believed in reincarnation that he would want to be reincarnated as an ex-pat wife. :)

    ReplyDelete